Sunday, May 18, 2008

Isole - Bliss Of Solitude

I usually multitask while listening to the music for these reviews, which is one reason why they are often brief or just terrible (not that this review won't be terrible as well). However, I put everything aside and gave this album my full attention. I didn't really intend to do that, the album just forced my attention to it. I'm not sure how to categorize Isole, although perhaps doom comes closest to what is heard. The band reminds me a bit of Daylight Dies or Novembers Doom.

Well, whatever one wants to call this band, Bliss Of Solitude is an incredibly fascinating piece of metal. The guitars are super thick, and even the acoustic guitars have a huge sound. Most of the main riffs of the song are slower tempo drudges of doom, but there is a lot of intricacies going on that keeps the listener alert. The singer does all clean vocals, and has a slight haunted effect to his voice, which adds a ton of atmosphere to the album. The third track had about 10 seconds of a female voice. She only seemed to sing a line or two, and that was the only time she appeared on the album, which seems a bit strange. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay her for more...

The 7 tracks clock in at a lengthy seven minutes, and the only weakness might be that it drones on a tad too long here and there. I enjoyed all the tracks, and could not constructively advise as to what to cut out though. The first two tracks "By Blood" and "From Clouded Sky" were my favorite. Good stuff is all over this album.

8/10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home