Sunday, April 20, 2008

Death Angel - Killing Season

I wish I could say that I was a huge Death Angel fan back in the day, but I was only 11 in 1990, and I didn't really listen to music at that age. I was probably 16 or 17 before I got introduced to Master of Puppets, and even then, it wasn't until I went off to college that I discovered the metal underground. And since Death Angel hadn't released anything since 92ish, I had never heard them. So my first Death Angel experience was 2004's The Art Of Killing, which I enjoyed thoroughly, though I haven't gone back in time to their early releases.


Anyway, as far as thrash metal goes released these days, this album tops the lists. Of course, I'm not even sure I really know many thrash bands these days besides these guys, Anthrax, and Exodus. Maybe its only the old school guys that are capable of still thrashing well. The young Black Tide sure aren't very exciting.

Like all thrash released these days, there's nothing original here, its just how well the band is capable of thrashing. The songs here are catchy and will soon have you headbanging; riffs galore and good solos. The singer sounds kind of like Joey Belladonna so the vocals are certainly spot on.

8/10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home