Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hate Eternal - Fury And Flames

Hi, I'm a double bass drum, let me pound in your face for 40 minutes. I haven't really heard anything from Hate Eternal for awhile, I know that I didn't really like their debut, though I may have to go and relisten to it after this newest brutal offering of death metal from Erik Rutan. I never really followed this band, so I can't really say much about their other albums. Though somehow I remember the name of the main guy from this band and that he spells it with a 'k' instead of a 'c.' wtf.

This thing is intense though. The bass drum is way up in the mix, and it's pretty much just double bass drum throughout the entire album. The guitars aren't very audible except when a solo pops out. Only Erik's vocals equal the intensity of the double bass drum. If Hate Eternal's equipment van broke down, they could pull off the songs live by only bringing a microphone and a double bass pedal with triggers.

I'm being a bit overly critical, because this is a good album. If you are a fan of the death metal, than check this out.

7/10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home