Thursday, April 10, 2008

Martriden - The Unsettling Dark

Martriden pounded right onto the metal scene with their absolutely ripping 4 song EP and a tour with Emperor. If you haven't heard these guys yet, go to their myspace page now and listen cause these guys are one of the best new melodic death metal bands. These Montana guys now bless us with their first full length - The Unsettling Dark


This band reminds me much of Arsis. Like Arsis, there's nothing really that original going on with the style, its just done very, very, very well. The style and production is very similar to Arsis. The guitars are razor sharp, the drums have a very thick and full sound, and the pace is blistering. These guys might be a bit more melodic, in that they break down with some pretty melodies occasionally, but don't worry, there's nothing radio friendly about this.

The one negative of this album is that I think my favorite Martriden songs are two from the EP still. Nothing quite tops the tracks "Blank Eye Stare" and "In Death We Burn" from the EP, although many of the songs come close. "Prelude" from this release is absolutely BRUTAL. I was a bit apprehensive when I saw that song title, because I was afraid it would be a slow instrumental intro to the following track, and I hate it when bands do that when there already is an intro to the album. Martriden did not let me down though.

10/10 Fucking metal \m/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home