Saturday, April 19, 2008

Soil - Scars

Leave it to WoW to get me to listen to an album that I was almost sure I would not like. The first two tracks from this album: "Breaking Me Down" and "Halo" are probably two of the most popular songs for people to use in their warcraft movies. Fortunately, for this nu-metal-ish rock band, these two tracks are actually really good. It's the rare occasion when a band can put together an enjoyable tune to your ears, despite coming from a genre you absolutely hate. There's good beats, heavy riffs, and catchy choruses. Unfortunately the rest of the album just absolutely blows. I was kind of excepting this, but I figured I'd give it a shot. There's just nothing original or interesting after the two really good opening tracks. Its just radio-friendly rock crap between the likes of Creed and Korn.

3/10

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home