Thursday, March 13, 2008

Misery Index - Discordia

At first I thought I liked this album, I heard many songs off of Pandora, but now that I'm listening to the full album, its not doing anything for me. I can't really identify what it is I don't like about it. The guitars are good, drums are heavy, and the singer's got a good death voice. I suppose its just that this isn't anything original. Although I'm not sure how I can say that, since I eat up every Swedish melodic death band with a spoon. Maybe its because I just got into Vader, there's no reason I would ever put Discordia in instead of my also recently acquired Litany. It's a similar style, but Vader is infinitely superior at it. The title track on this album is really good, but other than that...

4/10 Not terrible, but nothing exciting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey big guy... this is ben. i had to quit the failure last night. it's a somewhat shocking move, but it couldn't be avoided.

anyway, we are playing our final show in this incarnation on 4/12 at Squiggy's on W. Sahara by The Slanted Clam.

i think it'd be way cool for you to come up and play your song with us one last time.

something to think about... you can email me at bendubler@yahoo.com or my cell phone is still 702-296-1685.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home