Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Vader - Impressions In Blood

Dammit Vader rocks!!! Three exclamation marks because every other Vader song seems to end in three exclamation marks. At least they are excited about their songs, although I wonder how the band discussions go when deciding what songs get the three exclamation marks.

Peter: Ok, "They Live" gets exclamation marks.

Mauser: Why that one? I wanted "Field Of Heads" to get the marks.

Peter: No one is going to say "Field of Heads" with such exuberance. If you came across a field of severed heads, you would state as a matter of fact, "Look at this field of heads." You won't say "Look Peter, I found this FIELD OF HEADS!!!" Whereas someone seeing zombies rise from the ground will yell "They Live!!!" cause those zombies are going to fucking eat your brains.

Mauser: Yeah, well "Fuck You!!!"

Peter: See, now that would work, I'll keep that in mind for our next album.

Daray: What about "The Book?"

Peter: ... where's my stabbing knife?


Again, my Vader knowledge is very limited, I still have only heard the EP Art of War and Litany, so give me a bit of break when I can't compare this to their other material. This is the 2006 release by this band, and it is very similar in sound to Litany. That's not a bad thing however, although maybe I wouldn't be saying that if I knew of their entire catalog. But this seems like a band that I'll like every album they put out, even if it sounds exactly like the rest, kind of like Amon Amarth. Amon Amarth releases the same album year after year, but I buy it every single time cause it rocks. It's good to have those bands that you can rely on to release a solid metal album. We already have enough bands stating: "We needed to explore, although this piece of shit we released is still focused in our roots, we just branched out and tried some new things."

8/10 Vader!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh... i think you meant "exclamation points" instead of "explanation marks."

you coming down 4/12, right?

also, check out my myspace calendar, i got lots of shows comin up...

5:50 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

wow, I'm retarded... fixt

and yeah, I'll be there.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home